Saturday 25 August 2012

A great day ends in a great disaster

Today started out great, as I arrived yesterday at the hotel where Abunai (the biggest Anime/Manga convention in the Netherlands) is held this weekend. So today I woke up on convention grounds and I was ready to take on the world so to speak.

Actually the whole day seemed to go fine. I had a 2 hour meeting and helped a bit with setting up the convention, but had a few hours of basically nothing after that. When the events started running, I was mostly supervising, as the events didn't need much help.

It was a great day and I was looking forward to the next two days as I would have more to do then... until disaster struck.

Around 2 am I woke up screaming in pain. My left leg completely cramped up. It hurt like no cramp I've ever felt before. My sister tried to massage it out, but it didn't help at all.

Finally we decided to call first aid. They had a good look at it and treated it. They said it was so severe it was even a bit over their heads. After some heavy pain medication they could finally get the cramp out (note: the medication was after a lot of very painful tries).

They did tell me I might be stuck to my hotelroom the rest of the weekend. I surely hope not! I'm devastated by this. The pain medication is keeping me calm, but I'm torn in two from the inside. I've really looked forward to Abunai! That's even an understatement. I can't imagine having to miss it. Please leg, get better!!!

1 comment:

  1. Balen...!!
    Ik hoop dat je nu weer iets minder pijn hebt.
    Beterschap in elk geval!

    ReplyDelete